October was a month of should haves for me. There are several things I did but a lot of things I didn’t.
- I did spend my Saturday mornings running but at cross country meets not for myself.
- I didn’t run on most Saturdays. I was so spent after spending all day at meets I neglected my own running.
- I did watch this same cross country team win some pretty big meets and place 3rd at state.
- I didn’t race at all. I wanted too but feel that I am not where I want to be when I put myself out there on a course again.
- I did realized I have more speed than I thought at this point in my half ass training.
- I didn’t stick to my plan. I never made time for me and my goals.
- I did spend the whole month without Kevin being home. He has been gone all month apart from weekends. This will continue until December.
- I didn’t watch my nutrition…at all.
- I did join a new gym.
- I didn’t go! 🙂
What does this mean for November? Kevin will continue to be gone which will leave my time a little tighter as I don’t have anyone to ask to help me out running the kids around. This means I have to do a better job of scheduling my time for me. I want to stick to the plan and not let myself lose sight of my goals. I am already going to drop down a distance in a race I am signed up for at the start of 2018 as I don’t want to go in completely undertrained. My body doesn’t like when I do that.
Cross country will also end this month so that will free up a little more time for me as well. I am going to work on trying to start getting to the gym early until that happens so I am available in the evenings to pick up Dare. Once he is done with the season I am going to be able to go back to my regular schedule but will have to stick with it better than I have been. I feel so much better when I actually get out the door. It is just hard to not make excuses when I feel out of shape. Knowing a run is going to be harder than it used to be really frustrates me which turns to me being a procrastinator. I cannot allow myself to continue to be that way. 🙂So November….
- Stick to a schedule…even if it means early mornings
- Eat better (oh Thanksgiving…what will I do???)
- Get to the gym! Strength is key to being a better runner!!!
- Still spend quality time with the kids so I don’t try to use it as an excuse.
- Be honest with myself about my fitness. I can’t just rely on being able to get through it.