It’s a new year and of course that means new planning. So for the last couple of days I have looked at every race in the surrounding states to see what I will run in 2017. I also decided to take a look at how my workouts looked when I PR’d my 5k AND my Half distances in the Spring of 2016. I wanted to see what I had done and what I could change to better myself this year.
Now its confession time. I was a SLACKER!!! Big time! Let me break it down by numbers.
- I ran only 4 runs in 4 weeks of training. Most weeks consisted of 2 (5 weeks) or 3 (7 weeks) runs.
- My highest weekly mileage was week 13/17 at 24! 😦
- I only cross trained 16 times during those 17 weeks!???
- I skipped 40+ workouts.
- I ate out at least 2 times per week.
That changed when I started training for my marathons with Kyle in May.
- I completed 98 out of 122 workouts from May to October.
- 17 of those missed were in September and October after injuring my knee.
- I ran 5 days a week almost always.
- I did some form of strength training at least 4 times per week.
- I watched my diet but still ate out at least 1 time per week…ugh food!!!!
So looking at all these numbers and seeing the discipline I am capable of vs me just doing what I want, bothers me. I want 2017 to be an amazing year. And it will be. There are many exciting things that have happened since I last wrote. But for now. I am going to work on updating my goals and working toward being a better me!
What is one major thing you consider when creating new goals each year??